The City of Rochelle is partnering with Northern Illinois Disposal to offer curbside electronics and appliance recycling on Thursdays. The cost is $20 per electronic item and $5 per appliance to offset the City's cost of recycling the item.
To register for electronics & appliance recycling and obtain a sticker for your item, visit City Hall, the Rochelle Building Department or RMU Customer Service. At that time your address will be placed on the list for pickup.
The following are recyclable appliances that may be registered for pickup:
refrigerators & refrigeration equipment
Alternate appliance disposal options include:
• Many retailers will dispose of old appliances when a new one is purchased.
• Behr Iron & Metal offers appliance recycling. For details, call 815-561-0211.
Alternate electronics recycling options include:
• Ogle County Solid Waste offers a drop-off location at 909 West Pines Road on the last Friday of each month. For details, call 815-732-4020.
• Ogle and Lee Counties typically host collection events in the spring and fall and alternate between locations in Dixon and Oregon. For details, call 815-732-4020.
• The City of Rochelle will host two collection events at the treatment plant each year for Rochelle residents only.